'Vendor Management' - key to good Real-estate & Facilities Management
  • In the present Corporate scenario many of my fellow colleagues quite often get confused thinking what role is to be played by them to be the better fit in the business. In my opinion in the Facilities management discipline it will continually be kept in mind the above all skill required is 'Vendor Management'. You must cope with many vendors you start with the main Housekeeping & Facilities vendor providing cleaning and office upkeed services, Pantry vendor, Transport / logistics vendor, civil contractor for repairs and maintenance, electrical contractors for DG & HVAC maintenance, facade cleaning vendor, vendor for mineral water supply, vendor for office stationery items supply etc. etc. The essence of fine vendor management is to find clear understanding of the Scope of Work / SLA i.e. Service level agreement soon after the Purchase Order (P.O.) or even the Service order (S.O.) is distributed through the Logistics Management Dept (SCM) or perhaps the commercial dept.

If there is any anomaly or mistake within the SLA / SOW within the P.O. or perhaps the S.O. it must be escalated immediately for the SCM dept. before it gets accepted through the vendor as well as the contract is formalized. Also the vendor ought to be taken into confidence as well as the Facility Manager should again sit throughout the table using the vendor to mutually discuss the SLA. Some of my colleague may sound sceptical after reading the content above -mentioned saying that this is the work with the SCM
    Dept.

However i would disagree using them and order them to be sensitive towards the vendor and treat him as a partner. As we all run to do the job it relates to vendor also. Maybe inside the interest of having the order from the Company the seller has completely overlooked some clauses of the SLA which he / she might not be capable of meeting. Remember once the PO or SO is issued the Commercial dept. is not going to go ahead and take onus on themselves - you and you also only who has to carry the burnt for the full FY / or perhaps the duration of the PO.

Next, if the suggestions above - mentioned are in place or sorted out be strict and adhere towards the SOW and SLA - don't allow any deviation from your Scope of work or SLA; Oahu is the art of vendor management to get the very best services from your vendor. Regular monitoring of SLA and regular communication with the vendor is paramount mantra to make this happen. Last although not the very least make vendor payments on time. Always be proactive to find the vendor payments cleared at the earliest opportunity. Keep in mind that a cheerful vendor is likely to make your daily life hassle-free!

To read more about top manager facility profile in gurgaon internet page: look at this now.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!